The English Department strongly encourages its majors to pursue off-campus study for a semester or full year. Off-campus programs allow students to gain a better understanding of the world and of themselves. The experience prepares students to live in a global society, while introducing them to perspectives, values, and ways that are different from their own.
There are a wealth of off-campus study opportunities from which to choose, in the United States and abroad.
Recent English majors have studied in:
- Chicago, IL - Newberry Seminar: Research in the Humanities
- New York City - New York Arts Program
- Italy - Siena School for Liberal Arts
- Brighton, London, U.K. - The University of Sussex
- Amman, Jordan - SIT Jordan: Modernization and Social Change
- Washington, D.C. - Washington Semester at American University
- Florence, Italy - Arts, Humanities & Culture