The Richard G. Osgood, Jr., Memorial Lectureship in Geology
The Richard G. Osgood, Jr., Memorial Lectureship in Geology was endowed in 1981 by his three sons in memory of their father. Dr. Osgood was a paleontologist with an international reputation who taught at Wooster from 1967 until 1981. Funds from this endowment are used to bring a well–known scientist interested in paleontology and/or stratigraphy to the campus each year to lecture and meet with students.
Patrick O'Connor, professor in the department of Anatomy and Neuroscience at Ohio University, will present the 35th annual Richard G. Osgood, Jr., Memorial Lecture. This lecture will be held on Wednesday, April 13, beginning at 7:30 p.m. in Lean Lecture room of Wishart Hall (303 E. University St.).
- 2016 Patrick O'Connor, Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine
- 2015 Scott White, University of South Carolina,
- 2014 Jessica Conroy ('03), University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
- 2013 Michael E. Mann, Penn State University
- 2012 George Davis ('64), The University of Arizona
- 2011 Dr. Susan Lozier, Duke University
- 2010 Dr. James W. Hagadorn, Amherst College
View the entire list of Osgood Speakers.