The Richard G. Osgood, Jr., Memorial Lectureship in Geology
The Richard G. Osgood, Jr., Memorial Lectureship in Geology was endowed in 1981 by his three sons in memory of their father. Dr. Osgood was a paleontologist with an international reputation who taught at Wooster from 1967 until 1981. Funds from this endowment are used to bring a well–known scientist interested in paleontology and/or stratigraphy to the campus each year to lecture and meet with students.
Scott White, associate professor in the department of Earth and Ocean Sciences at the University of South Carolina, will present "Secrets of the Mid-Ocean Ridge and the Unexpected Nature of Ocean Crust" at the 34th annual Richard G. Osgood, Jr., Memorial Lecture. This lecture will be held on Wednesday, April 8, beginning at 7:30 p.m. in Gault Recital Hall of Scheide Music Center (525 E. University St.).
Past Osgood Lecturers
- 2014 Jessica Conroy ('03), University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
- 2013 Michael E. Mann, Penn State University
- 2012 George Davis ('64), The University of Arizona
- 2011 Dr. Susan Lozier, Duke University
- 2010 Dr. James W. Hagadorn, Amherst College
Click here to view the entire list of Osgood Speakers.