- American Society of Magazine Editors (ASME) - professional society for editors of consumer magazine. Affiliate organization of the Magazine Publishers Association.
- Lawyers Committee for Human Rights - working to protect and promote fundamental human rights
- Department of the Navy's Civilian Human Resource - provides with current openings as well as requirements to apply for an intern position.
- Atlantic Council of the United States - promoting the effectiveness of U.S. foreign policy and the cohesion of U.S. international relationships.
- Carnegie Endowment for International Peace - conducts programs of research in international relations and publishes Foreign Policy, a quarterly magazine.
- Carter Center- The Carter Center, in partnership with Emory University, is guided by a fundamental commitment to human rights and the alleviation of human suffering; it seeks to prevent and resolve conflicts, enhance freedom and democracy, and improve health.
- Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) - non-partisan public policy institution dedicated to policy analysis and impact
- Freedom House - non-profit, non-partisan organization dedicated to promoting democracy around the world.
- Human Rights Watch - non-profit, nongovernmental organization dedicated to the protection of human rights worldwide; investigates and exposes human rights violations and holds abusers accountable.
- Meridian International Center - non-profit educational and cultural institution that promotes international understanding through the exchange of people, ideas, and the arts.
- Society for International Development - civil society organization bridging the gap between development theory and development practice.