Consists of Six Courses:
- One of the following courses: HIST 215 or HIST 216
- SPAN 224
- One elective taken from Latin American Studies courses in a department other than History or Spanish
- Three electives taken from Latin American Studies courses
- Overseas Study: Students must study abroad in an endorsed program in the region. This may be a summer, semester, or year-long program.
- Students may take either HIST 215 or HIST 216 as a foundational course, although students are encouraged to take both to further their knowledge of regional history.
- In general, courses from LAST endorsed programs analyzing regional issues will automatically count as elective credit towards the minor.
- No more than three off-campus courses can be counted toward the minor.
- Supervised internships, experiential learning opportunities, or research projects awarded credit during the off-campus study term may also be counted towards the LAST minor with approval.
- Students may count no more than one Spanish elective in English towards the minor.