Programs by Location
Search for programs or you may also see a list of programs by clicking on the region of the world below.
"Wooster in" Programs
. . .are off campus programs, that carry academic credit and are administered and/or taught by College of Wooster personnel, where the location clearly enhances the instruction and the coursework.
. . . are currently offered in a number of world regions and across academic disciplines. Many programs merge classroom discussion with an off campus experience, while others immerse students off campus for a summer or semester.
. . . vary by semester. Interested students are encouraged to consult with the Off Campus Studies Office.
. . . may be especially valuable to students whose majors or athletic commitments make it difficult to organize a full semester off-campus.
Summer field experiences:
- Global Social Entrepreneurship
- Class offered Spring 2010, 2011, 2012
- Off-campus experience Summer 2010, 2011, 2012
- Wooster Summer in Ecuador (Conservation Biology in the Tropics)
- Class offered Spring 2010, 2014
- Off-campus experience Summer 2010, 2014
Winter break field experiences:
- Wooster in India (Exploring India at Home and Abroad Through the Arts)
- Class offered Fall 2011
- Off-campus experience Dec 2011 - Jan 2012
- Wooster in Thailand (Asian and Asian-American Feminist Theology)
- Class offered Spring 2012, Spring 2014
- Off-campus experience Dec 2011 - Jan 2012, Dec 2013 - Jan 2014
Spring break field experiences:
- Wooster in Israel/Palestine (Histories in Conflict)
- Class offered Spring 2012, Spring 2015*
- Off-campus experience March 2012, March 2015*
- Wooster in Kenya (The Peoples and Cultures of Kenya)
- Class offered Spring 2011, Spring 2014
- Off-campus experience March 2011, March 2014
- NEW: Wooster in Greece (Ancient Science and Medicine in the Greek Islands) - 2014
- Wooster Summer in Northeast India - 2012, 2013
- Wooster Summer in Tuscany - 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2013
- Wooster Summer in Yunnan - 2010
- Wooster Summer in Trinidad and Tobago (Tropical Field Biology) - 2009, 2015*
- Wooster Summer in Xi'an - 2007
Why does The College of Wooster offer these programs?
Short-term or semester-long off-campus study faculty-led programs are an important means of enriching the curriculum, opening new doors for students, and promoting global engagement for both students and the College community at large.
Who can participate in Wooster In Programs?
These Programs are open to all Wooster students in good academic and social standing. Selection is at the discretion of the Faculty Director, and is generally by application only. Prerequisites will vary by program, and some programs are not open to first year students. Students are expected to have a minimum 2.75 cumulative GPA at the time of application.
How much do Wooster In Programs cost?
The prices of Wooster In Programs vary by location and duration of the stay. Programs generally cost between $3,000-$5,000, although this may not include airfare. In most cases, fees cover mandatory insurance, lodging, transportation in the off-campus location, fees for site visits and guest lecturers, as well as some meals.
Financial aid does not transfer to short term Wooster In Programs, but financial assistance is generally available.