College of Wooster Staff Committee
The mission of The College of Wooster Staff Committee is to serve as an advisory body between all hourly and salaried staff members and other college constituencies. The objectives of the Staff Committee are:
- To support the mission of The College of Wooster.
- To facilitate the sharing of information with staff in order to improve their general knowledge and understanding of the College.
- To provide a forum for staff to voice interest and concerns and to represent those matters to the appropriate members of the Administration. When consulted, to review new and existing policies and procedures affecting staff and to provide the Administration with feedback from staff.
- To foster a spirit of unity, pride, and cooperation among staff by recognizing the role staff plays in the daily work of the College.
- To foster the concept and practice of staff representation on major College committees, in part by serving as a vehicle for making committee member placement recommendations and by having the representative make summary reports to the staff.
- To provide leadership for and opportunities for staff to be engaged as a community of learners on Wooster's campus.
- To accept, promote, and respect the diversity of backgrounds and beliefs which characterize Wooster's multicultural community.