Parents Leadership Council
The College of Wooster is fortunate to have many parents dedicated to having their children participate in an outstanding college education. The Parents Leadership Council seeks to put the talents and energy of Wooster’s parents interested in volunteering towards specific tasks and goals designed to have the maximum impact for the College and their children’s education. By volunteering for the Council (.pdf), members agree to:
- Participate actively on one or more committees best suited to their interests including:
- Admissions Volunteers - Help recruit new students
- Welcome Committee - Organize and staff events designed to have new families feel part of the Wooster community including Orientation and Family Weekends
- Career Planning - Support the College’s efforts to provide outstanding career planning to our students.
- The Wooster Fund - Raise contributions for the college
- Make gifts as generous as possible to The Wooster Parents Fund, part of The Wooster Fund
- Attend the annual meeting during Family Weekend. Meetings will include sessions with the President as well as key College staff and will serve to strengthen parents understanding of the mission and operations of the College.
- Attend Wooster events in their local areas if possible.
- Encourage other interested parents to join the Wooster Parents Leadership Council (.pdf).
- Spread the great word about The College of Wooster to friends, colleagues and prospective families.
Parents and family members interested in becoming involved in the Parents Leadership Council should complete the Volunteer Response form (.pdf) and return it to the address listed on the form.
For more information please contact Peg Cornwell, Coordinator of the Wooster Parents and Family Association.