The mission of the campus grounds is to provide a safe and pleasant outdoor environment for students, faculty, staff and visitors through the maintenance of the campus grounds.
To Do List For August: Lawn and Landscaping
- Water , deep water helps develop deep root systems in both plants and turf
- Landscape bed maintenance:
- Weed Control
- Pruning, it is time to finish up the spring flowering plants, to insure ample time
for the buds to develop.
- “Dead Head” both annual and perennial flowers
- Apply a well balance fertilizer to turf
Green Star Awards
The College of Wooster’s grounds department has received two 2010 Green Star Awards
from the Professional Ground Management Society, one for Andrew Turf Field and one
for the landscaping around Gault Manor.