Prizes and Scholarships
Department of French Awards
- The Willis C. Behoteguy Prize, to the major student who has the highest standing in French at the end of the junior year.
- The John W. Olthouse Prize, to the major student who has the highest standing in French at the end of the senior year.
Other Prizes and Scholarships
- The Mary Sanborn Allen Prize, to a student majoring in a foreign language who has benefited most from study outside the United States.
- TheFrances Guille-Secor Memorial Fund, providing scholarship income for a student with financial need who has demonstrated high competence in French language, literature, and civilization, as well as in other studies.
- TheG. Pauline Ihrig Fund in French, awarded annually to a student who has demonstrated both academic achievement and financial need. First preference is to be given to a student who is studying French and who has demonstrated outstanding scholarship in the language.
Please note: In determining prize recipients, consideration will also be given to the number of courses students have taken within the department.