Prizes and Scholarships
Departmental Prizes and Scholarships
- The Willis C. and Scott L Behoteguy Endowed Scholarship is awarded to a major in French and Francophone Studies who has demonstrated high academic achievement and promise. Second preference shall be given to a student majoring in Global and International Studies, with a minor in French and Francophone Studies. Recipients must also demonstrate financial need.
- The Frances Guille-Secor Memorial Fund provides scholarship income to a student who has demonstrated high achievement in French and Francophone Studies as well as in other academic work.
- The G. Pauline Ihrig Fund awards a scholarship annually to a student who has demonstrated outstanding achievement in French and Francophone Studies. Recipents also need to demonstrate financial need.
- The John W. Olthouse Prize, to the major student who has the highest standing in French and Francophone Studies at the end of the senior year.
- The Mary Sanborn Allen Prize, to a student majoring in a foreign language who has benefited most from study outside the United States.
Please note: In determining prize recipients, consideration will also be given to the number of courses students have taken within the department.