Regional Tournament Information
The American Moot Court Association's official Midwest Regional Tournament, co-sponsored by the Wayne County Bar Association, takes place at the end of the fall semester at The College of Wooster. This year's tournament will be held November 18 and 19, 2016.
Regional tournaments act as qualifying tournaments for teams wishing to compete at the ACMA National Tournament in January 2017. The top 20% of teams competing at each regional will receive an automatic invitation to the national tournament. To compete in the national tournament, teams must first compete in an AMCA sanctioned regional tournament.
At the regional tournaments, two-person teams will be required to present oral arguments in three preliminary rounds on Friday afternoon, November 18. Each team will represent both petitioner and respondent. Order of argument and matching teams will be determined randomly. We will break 16 teams into the finals, holding four rounds on Saturday, November 19, in single elimination rounds.
- 2016 Case Problem
- 2016 Tournament Schedule - Teams (.pdf)
- 2016 Tournament Schedule - Judges (.pdf)
- ACMA tournament rules
- Judging Instructions (.pdf)
- Sample judging ballot and scoring guidelines
Information for Judges
Check-in for judges is from 1:00 – 1:45 p.m. in the first floor lobby of Scovel Hall (944 College Mall). Beverages will be available. The judges' orientation meeting will be held from 1:45 – 2:20 p.m in Scovel Hall, room 105.
Information for Competitors
Please contact Mark Weaver, Midwest Tournament Director and President of the American Moot Court Association, to register for this tournament.
The registration fee for the Midwest Regional Moot Court Tournament is $125.00 per team. Registration closes on October 17, 2016. A $100 late fee will be due for any registration fee not received by October 17. After the electronic registration is complete, please mail the email confirmation form, along with your registration check made out to "The College of Wooster," to Patrice Reeder, Tournament Coordinator, The College of Wooster, Scovel Hall, 944 College Mall, Wooster, OH 44691. Unfortunately we cannot accept payment made by credit card.
Check-in for teams is from 1:15 – 1:45 p.m. in Wishart Hall, room 001 lobby (303 E. University). Water will be available for all team members and coaches. The team orientation meeting will be held in the same room from 1:45 – 2:20 p.m.
The ACMA 2016-2017 National Tournament will be held January 6-7, 2017, at Stetson University College of Law. Wooster results of National Tournament.
2016 - 2017 ACMA Midwest Regional Tournament Results
- First Place Team 324: Katherine Castaner and Angel Sanchez, University of Central Florida
- Second Place Team 313: Jordan Giles and Anthony Gonzalez, Eastern Michigan University
- Semifinalist Team 325: Lilly Guo and George Kitsios, University of Chicago
- Semifinalist Team 322: Michael Marshall and Jillian Smith, Youngstown State University
- Team 310 Caroline Hamilton and Madeleine Juszynski, Ohio Wesleyan University
- Team 308 Dawson Honey and Brianna Schmidt, College of Wooster
- Team 307 Marie Sheehan and Jack Johanning, College of Wooster
- Team 336 Caitlin Flanagan and Madeline Shaw, University of Virginia
INDIVIDUAL ORATOR AWARDS
- Radhika Ramakrishnan, University of Chicago
- Angel Sanchez, University of Central Florida
- Kennedy Green, University of Chicago
- Madeline Shaw, University of Virginia
- Jack Johanning, College of Wooster
- Marissa Snyder, Youngstown State University
- Marcus Waterman, Cedarville University
- Christopher Gieger, University of Central Florida
- Sebastian Campbell, University of Central Florida
- Morganne Ramsey, University of Chicago