Regional Tournament Information
The American Collegiate Moot Court Association's official Midwest Regional Tournament, co-sponsored by the Wayne County Bar Association, takes place at the end of the fall semester at The College of Wooster. This year's tournament will be held November 20 and 21, 2015.
Regional tournaments act as qualifying tournaments for teams wishing to compete at the ACMA National Tournament in January 2016. The top 20% of teams competing at each regional will receive an automatic invitation to the national tournament. To compete in the national tournament, teams must first compete in an ACMA sanctioned regional tournament.
At the regional tournaments, two-person teams will be required to present oral arguments in three preliminary rounds on Friday afternoon, November 20. Each team will represent both petitioner and respondent. Order of argument and matching teams will be determined randomly. We will break 16 teams into the finals, holding four rounds on Saturday, November 21, in single elimination rounds.
- 2015 Case Problem (.pdf)
- 2015 Tournament Schedule - Teams (.pdf) - coming soon
- 2015 Tournament Schedule - Judges (.pdf) - DRAFT
- Judging Instructions (.pdf)
- ACMA tournament rules
- Sample judging ballot and scoring guidelines
Information for Judges
Check-in for judges is from 1:00 – 1:45 p.m. in the first floor lobby of Scovel Hall (944 College Mall). Light refreshments will be available. The judges' orientation meeting will be held from 1:45 – 2:20 p.m in Scovel Hall, room 105.
Information for Competitors
Please contact Mark Weaver, Moot Court Team Coach and Professor of Political Science, to register for this tournament.
The registration fee for the Midwest Regional Moot Court Tournament is $125.00 per team. Registration closes on November 1, 2015. A $100 late fee will be due for any registration fee not received by November 1. After the electronic registration is complete, please mail the email confirmation form, along with your registration check made out to "The College of Wooster," to Patrice Reeder, Tournament Coordinator, The College of Wooster, Scovel Hall, 944 College Mall, Wooster, OH 44691. Unfortunately we cannot accept payment made by credit card.
Check-in for teams is from 1:15 – 1:45 p.m. in Wishart Hall, room 001 lobby (303 E. University). Refreshments will be available. The team orientation meeting will be held in the same room from 1:45 – 2:20 p.m.
The ACMA 2015-2016 National Tournament will be held January 15-16, 2016, at the Long Beach State University in California.
2014 ACMA Midwest Regional Tournament Results
- First Place: Team 105: Chris Chambers & David Moosmann, University of Central Florida
- Second Place: Team 125: Mikeala Duffy & Bryan Velasco, University of Central Florida
- Semifinalist: Team 111: Erik Glasgow & Andrik Massaro, Youngstown State University
- Semifinalist: Team 123: Marie Sheehan & Benjamin Taylor, Wooster
- Team 114: Jordan Bernstein & Lidia Mowad, Ohio Wesleyan
- Team 104: Rachel Sullivan & Audrey Steiner, Wooster
- Team 128: David Kreuzman & Ellie Bell, Wooster
- Team 119: Zach Nickels & Julia McDaniel, Denison
INDIVIDUAL ORATOR AWARDS
- Trevor Ward, Saginaw Valley State University
- Ellie Bell, The College of Wooster
- David Moosmann, University of Central Florida
- David Kreuzman, The College of Wooster
- Rob Mass, Saginaw Valley State University
- Jack Johanning, The College of Wooster
- Bryan Velasco, University of Central Florida
- Chris Chambers, University of Central Florida
- Andrik Massaro, Youngstown State University
- Rachel Sullivan, The College of Wooster