Stieglitz Memorial Fund
In 1989 Mr. and Mrs. Lewis N. Stieglitz, M.D. from Concord, New Hampshire, established an endowed fund in memory of their son Martin, a Sociology major, who died in an off-campus apartment fire, spring semester, 1989. The fund enables the Department to invite prominent sociologists and anthropologists to campus each year as Stieglitz Lecturers.
Louise Lamphere and Carole Cadman
- Tuesday, April 9, 2013
- Lecture: "Weaving Together Women's Lives:Building Identities Across Navajo Generations"
- Thursday, April 26, 2012
- Lecture: "The New Aesthetic: Autobiography and Sociality"
- Tuesday, April 12, 2011
- Lecture: "Bioethics, Cultural Scripts and the Good Death in Contemporary Japan"
- Tuesday, April 6, 2010
- Lecture: "The Culture Wars in the Obama Era: Is Common Ground Possible?"
- Tuesday, April 7, 2009
- Lecture: "Nuri's Testimony: HIV/AIDS in Indonesia and the Epidemic of Knowledge"
- Thursday, October 25, 2007 (for 2008 lecture series)
- Lecture: "Violence and the Inner City Poor"
- Tuesday, April 17, 2007
- Lecture: "Black Battered Women & Welfare Reform: Fissures in the Architectures of Governance"
- Tuesday, February 14, 2006
- Lecture: "Neighborhood Activism and Neoliberalism in Philadelphia"