I.S. - Archival Copy Submission
What needs to be submitted?
First, submit your digital I.S. online to the Libraries' Open Works website:
- Prepare your I.S. file as a single PDF. Word can save as a PDF. Need help merging multiple PDFs?
- Create an Open Works account. Use your wooster.edu email address.
- Once you've verified your account, submit your I.S.
Next, submit to the Registrar's Office:
- Two bound hard copies of the I.S.
- Two additional copies of the I.S. cover page only (loose, not bound)
- You must submit your I.S. digitally before the hard copies will be accepted by the Registrar's Office.
How to submit your I.S. to Open Works
What formats are accepted?
- PDF (.pdf) * Preferred
- Microsoft Word (.doc)
- Datasets (ex: .zip files, Excel tables, Stata or SPSS files)
You may submit audio and image files, using openly licensed formats (.mp3 or .mp4). If you have an embedded video you wish to include with your IS, first upload it to Youtube or Vimeo, then include the link under the "Streaming Media" question on the IS submission form. Do not directly upload a video file to Open Works due to the potentially large file size.
How should I label my I.S.?
Please name your file(s) following the example below: (Use an underscore instead of spaces)
- Graduation Year
- Last Name
- First Name (if applicable)
- Part Number (if submitting multiple files)
- Appropriate file extension (.pdf for PDF files and .doc for Word files--e.g., 2014smith_john.pdf)
- Graduation Year
Where can I get help?
Email the Open Works staff or contact the Research Help Desk at 330-263-2096 for questions.
Who can read my I.S. once I have submitted the digital copy?
When you submit your I.S., it will only be available to read on campus. No Independent Study project will be distributed off campus without the express permission of the student author.
What if my I.S. contains proprietary research that I want to publish later?
There is an option to have your I.S. embargoed for up to 5 years after graduation, where anyone requesting to view your I.S. would require your permission. If you wish to request this, first submit your I.S. to Open Works, then immediately send an email to the Open Works staff and CC your advisor. The Open Works staff will place an embargo on your I.S. before posting it.