Parents & Families
Welcome to the Wooster Parents & Family Association!
As parents and family members of a student at The College of Wooster, you are all members of the Wooster Parents & Family Association (WPFA). The Association is founded on the principle that parents and families of Wooster students are profoundly invested, not only in the educational achievements of their children, but in the prosperity and direction of the College as a whole. The more knowledgeable and connected you are, the more you can help further the mission of the College and enhance your own children’s educational experiences.
The goal of the WPFA is to provide opportunities for you to become better informed about Wooster and to connect with other parents and members of the campus community.
For those of you looking for additional involvement with the College, we have initiated the Wooster Parents Leadership Council (PLC), a subset of The Wooster Parents & Family Association. The Council is a volunteer organization for parents wishing to be further involved in the College in the areas of welcoming new students and parents, admissions, career services, and development. Parents enjoy getting involved with the PLC and contributing to the college’s mission.
Welcome to Parents of First Year and Transfer students. Upperclass parents have some advice to share with incoming parents. Al and Donna Quiery, co-chairs of the PLC for 2015-16, extend a warm Wooster welcome to all our parents and family members.
Contact a Parent
It is great to hear things from another parents' perspective. Feel free to contact these current members of the Parents Leadership Council with questions related to their committee work, their children's experiences with Wooster or other relevant topics.
- Al and Donna Quiery, MI: Development and Admission Committees, son '10, history and Classics major, Summer in Tuscany Program, semester abroad in Greece, Swim Team, tour guide, service project housing, ESL instructor, Peace Corps in Zambia followed by graduate school; daughter '12, communication sciences major, swim team, subsequent Master's degree, currently a speech language pathologist; daughter '16, sociology major, English minor, Newman Center, spring break projects in New Orleans and El Salvador, Wooster summer abroad in Greece.
- Dave and Susan Bolte, IA: Admissions and Welcome Committees, son ’15, International Relations and German majors, tour guide for the College, learning to play the bagpipes, will be studying abroad in Germany during Spring, ’14.
- Ruthie Patterson, OH: Admissions and Welcome Committees, daughter ‘15, member of Delta theta Psi sorority, Tri-Beta secretary (Biology National Honor Society), Neuroscience club, Chemistry lab assistant, Neuroscience major (biology track).
- Ned and Jennifer Trainor, CA: Admission, Welcome and Career Services Committees, daughter '11, history major, dance, study abroad in St. Petersburg, currently working at the Brookings Institute; daughter '13, history major, tennis, study abroad in London and Granada; son ’16, major undecided.
- Hank Kimmel, GA: Admissions and Welcome Committees, daughter '16, Political Science and Philosophy major, gap year (AmeriCorps), study abroad (New Guinea/Philadelphia), volleyball, Hillel, Political Science assistant, attended boarding school prior to attending Wooster.
For more information please email the Wooster Parents & Family Association.