The mission of the campus grounds is to provide a safe and pleasant outdoor environment for students, faculty, staff and visitors through the maintenance of the campus grounds.
To Do List: August (Lawn & Landscape)
- Water , deep water helps develop deep root systems in both plants and turf
- Landscape bed maintenance
- Weed Control
- Pruning, it is time to finish up the spring flowering plants, to insure ample time for the buds to develop.
- “Dead Head” both annual and perennial flowers
- Apply a well balance fertilizer to turf
Grounds Crew is Honored with Prestigious PGMS Accreditation
The College of Wooster has received a Landscape Management and Operations Accreditation as awarded by the Professional Grounds Management Society (PGMS), it was announced by Walt Bonvell, a Certified Grounds Manager (CGM), past president of PGMS and senior grounds lead of Xavier University in Cincinnati, Ohio. Read more (.pdf).