The mission of the campus grounds is to provide a safe and pleasant outdoor environment for students, faculty, staff and visitors through the maintenance of the campus grounds.
To Do List: June
- Bring to prune spring flowering shrubs. (note: prune after the shrub has flowered)
- Water new and established plants as needed.
- If weather conditions are favorable (not real HOT) apply a well balanced fertilizer to your turf.
- Apply a water soluble fertilizer to annual flowers
- As the weather become warmer; raise your mowing height on your mower.
- Tree pruning can be done at this time
Grounds Crew is Honored with Prestigious PGMS Accreditation
The College of Wooster has received a Landscape Management and Operations Accreditation as awarded by the Professional Grounds Management Society (PGMS), it was announced by Walt Bonvell, a Certified Grounds Manager (CGM), past president of PGMS and senior grounds lead of Xavier University in Cincinnati, Ohio. Read more (.pdf).