Give prospective students an excellent first impression of the College through a tour of the campus, complete with personal anecdotes and experiences and facts about academics, athletics, campus life, research opportunities, etc.
Description of Duties and Responsibilities (may include the following, but will not be limited to):
- Give campus tours to prospective students and their families
- Office-work in Admissions, including data entry, emailing with prospective students, writing postcards, phoning, etc.
- Working Open Houses as well as other weekend events on campus
- Expected to greet and mingle with prospective students and their families
- Will be expected to host a prospective student for one (1) event fall semester and two (2) events spring semester during our Admitted Student visit programs (April)
- May be asked to assist with mailings, deliveries, and other tasks for the Admissions Staff
- Must maintain complete confidentiality of prospective and current student information
- May be asked to take a prospective student to lunch
- Possess superior knowledge about the College, its academics, extracurricular programs, and facilities
- Personable, outgoing, articulate, approachable, and enthusiastic about COW
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills
- Dependable, punctual, reliable
- Ability to work with other students and Admissions staff members
- Ability to work with details, follow directions, and complete tasks accurately
- Ability to be calm in a high-pressure environment
Submit resume and supplement application (.pdf) to Melanie Schultz or Valerie Smith.
Accepting applications from Monday, October 21 – Sunday, November 3.
Posted October 18, 2013
Revised October 22, 2013