Student Organization Meetings with SGA Budget Committee Members
The next step in the process is the opportunity for incoming group leaders to meet with the SGA Budget Committee representatives to answer any questions and highlight pieces of your proposal that you want to be sure they see.
These meetings will be 15 minutes long and held in the collaboration rooms in the CoRE in the library. Only incoming officers may attend this meeting. And, you may only bring a maximum of three officers to the meeting.
You will need to send a representative to sign up in the Campus Life Office in Lowry. The Campus Life Office is open Monday - Friday from 8:30 a.m.- 8 p.m.
Meeting Dates and Times
- Wednesday, February 26: 7 p.m. - 10 p.m.
- Thursday, February 27: 7 p.m. - 10 p.m.
- Friday, February 28: 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
- Monday, March 3: 7 p.m. - 10 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 4: 7 p.m. - 10 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 5: 7 p.m. - 10 p.m.
- Thursday, March 6: 7 p.m. - 10 p.m.
2014-2015 Budget Proposal Timeline and Information
Campus Council approved some timeline requirements that will affect all Student Organizations each year.
Here is a portion of the policy verbiage as it was approved:
So, what does this mean for you and your organization right now?
- You need to plan to have elections in the next few weeks. This does not mean you have to transition your officers, you just need to select next year's leadership so they can be involved in the budget planning for next year.
- Once your Elections are completed, you will need to submit a new Cabinet Information Form (list of Officers for next year, which cannot include seniors) to Student Activities by: Friday, February 7 by 5 p.m.
- Mandatory Budget Meetings will be held February 10-14 in the CUBE at the CORE in the library. At least one 2014-2015 officer/representative for each group must attend at least one meeting to be eligible for Campus Council funding. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday: 6 - 7 p.m. Thursday: 7-8 p.m.
- Budget Proposals (docx) for the 2014-2015 academic year will be DUE to Student Activities: Friday, February 21 by noon. Budget Guidelines (pdf) should be consulted while completing the Budget Proposal.
Current Year Allocations are listed here. You will need this information to complete the proposal properly.