The following services are for full time students.
Hours: M-F mornings. By appointment only. Call 330-263-2319 to schedule an appointment
- Wart Removals
- STD Testing
- Mole Assessments
- ADD follow up
- Emotional Concerns
Registered Nurses are available 24/7 on a walk in basis.
- Registered Nurses can perform a multitude of tests/procedures including, but not limited to, strep tests, urine tests, pregnancy tests, TB tests, flu tests, and blood draws.
- They can also assess your condition and help you determine your course of action.
- Registered nurses cannot prescribe antibiotics, however, they can assist in determining over the counter medication.
- If necessary, registered nurses may also contact physicians on call at Cleveland Clinic, Wooster for consultation and telephone orders.
- Ear Irrigation
- Allergy Injections
Gynecological services are available by appointment on Monday and Thursday afternoon.
There is a charge for immunizations. See below for charges.
- Adacel (Td/Dipth/Petussis)
- Flu Vaccines
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- IPV (Injectable Polio)
- Mantoux (TB Test)
- MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella)
- Typhim VI
- Varivax (Chicken Pox)
Rabies and Japanese Encephalitis vaccines may be ordered and given here.
We do NOT give yellow fever vaccine.
See more information on immunizations (.pdf).
- Must have a doctor's order
- Monday-Friday between 8:30am - 3:30pm
- $10 Drawing Fee/ Processing fee will be billed by Cleveland Clinic Lab.
Students who are currently being treated with allergy injections may continue injections during physician hours. Mail or bring your serum to the Longbrake Student Wellness Center. First injection needs a doctor appointment. Your insurance will be billed for allergy injections.
Cold Care Center
Open 24 hours for self evaluation and treatment. The following over the counter medications and products are available. Monetary donations are accepted but not required.
- Antihistamine (Chlorpheniramine)
- Decongestant (Pseudoephedrine/must sign out)
- Cough Syrup
- Pain/Fever (Ibuprofen)
- Throat Lozenges
- Salt for Gargle
- Vitamin C
- Zinc Tablets
- Echinacea Tablets
- Zinc Acetate Lozenges
First Aid Station
Open 24 hours for self evaluation and treatment. The following supplies are available. Monetary donations are accepted but not required.
- Antibiotic Ointment
- Hydrocortisone Cream
- Massage Therapy
- First Responders
Fees for Service
There is no charge to see a nurse. Doctor visits are billed to insurance. The items below are available and can be paid using cash, check, COW card, or sent to the home account.
- Allergy Immunizations $15 per visit
- Adacel (Td/Dipth/Petussis) $50
- Fluogen $20
- Gardasil $165
- Hepatitis A $75
- Hepatitis B $60
- IPV (Injectable Polio) $35
- Mantoux (TB test) $10
- Menactra $120
- MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella) $65
- Typhim VI $60
- ECP (emergency contraceptive pill) $25
- Oral Contraceptives $15
- Prescription Medications $7
- Inhaler Spacer $7
- Throat Culture $5
- Flu Test $25
- Mono Quick Test $5
- Lab Draw $10
- Air Cast $35
- Cane $10
- Cervical Collar $10
- Crutches $25
- Hot Water Bottles $10
- Immobilizer (knee) $35
- Post-OP Boot $10
- Slings (arm) $10
- Wrist Splint $15
- Hot/Cold Packs $7
- Digital Thermometer $5
- Copy & Mail entire medical chart $15
- Copy & Mail Immunization Record $10
If additional or specialized medical care is needed, especially after regular physician hours, students will be referred to the Cleveland Clinic Wooster. All such medical care received outside the Longbrake Student Wellness Center is the financial responsibility of the student.
In an emergency, the student will be referred to the Wooster Community Hospital Emergency Department. This will be the student's financial responsibility.
Student Medical Records
Individual Health Records are maintained for all students. Student records are kept for seven years after the student leaves The College of Wooster, and then are destroyed.
All medical records are kept strictly confidential, and are not released to anyone without the student's permission. Requesting a copy of any part of your medical records requires written permission and a processing fee.
The Wellness Center staff does not write medical excuse notes to professors. With the student's permission, however, we will confirm an illness to a professor.
The Longbrake Student Wellness Center maintains strict confidentiality, in accordance with the laws of the State of Ohio.
Students may grant permission for their illness/injury to be discussed with parents, professors, etc., on an illness by illness basis. However, students who are below the age of 18 do not need to grant permission to allow parents to speak with the staff.
The Longbrake Student Wellness Center does not routinely notify parents or professors of illness. This is the student's responsibility.
If a professor requires verification of illness/injury, he or she may call 330-263-2319 and information will be shared with the student's permission. The Wellness Center does not issue written excuses.
When students are hospitalized with serious conditions, parents/guardians will be notified by the admitting physician. Dean's staff will also be notified and professors will be made aware of the hospitalization.