Important First Steps
To be completed by June 1!
- Activate your Wooster Email Account (.pdf)
To activate your Wooster email account, you will need your email address and initial password. This information can be found in the letter you receive from Dean Kurt Holmes and Dean Henry Kreuzman, about 10 days after your submit your Admission deposit. If you have misplaced the email address and password, please contact the Help Desk at 330-287-4357.
Learn about what technology (.pdf) you need to bring to Wooster.
- Register for Summer ARCH
Summer ARCH (Academic Registration, Creative Horizons) is a two day program in June where students develop a creative educational plan and select fall classes. Please register early, as the June 1 deadline approaches, sessions do become filled.
- Take Required Placement Exams
In order to be prepared to register for the most appropriate classes during ARCH, you will need to complete Placement Exams in Mathematics, and depending on your current skills level and future plans Chemistry and Biology. Foreign language placement exams will be taken on campus during the ARCH program.
- Complete the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI)
To complete the MBTI Assessment, please use the following information:
Login - wooster2018
Password - goscots2018
Please leave the user ID blank
- Complete Housing Application
Please complete this form. If you have any questions about living on campus or what you should plan to bring check out the New Students page in Residence Life.
- Complete Student Health Form
Once you have completed this form, please fax it to the Longbrake Student Wellness Center at 330-263-2369. The form may also be mailed to Longbrake Student Wellness Center, 570 E. Wayne Ave., Wooster, OH 44691. Please include a copy of your insurance card with the Health Form.
- Sign and Submit FERPA Release Form (.pdf) Please fill out the this form and send it to the Dean of Students Office. You may mail it, fax it to 330-263-2094, or email it to the Dean of Students. The Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act (FERPA) is a federal law that protects the privacy of student education records, both financial and academic. For the student’s protection, FERPA limits release of student record information without the student’s explicit written consent; however, it also gives the student’s parent(s)/guardian the right to review those records if the parent(s)/guardian claim the student as a dependent on their federal income tax return.
- Complete the New Student Survey. The personalized link to this survey will be sent to your Wooster email account in the summer. Once you receive this link, please complete the survey before your ARCH session.
- Complete the Disability Information Form (if applicable) If you have a learning or physical disability, please complete this form. You will also need to visit The Learning Center website and download the Policies and Procedures for Students with Disabilities handbook (.pdf). If you have further questions and want to make an appointment with Learning Center staff during ARCH, call 330-263-2595.
- Complete the Public Information Questionnaire The information requested on this questionnaire will be used in the production of media releases about your activities and accomplishments during the next four years at The College of Wooster. If you prefer that no releases be sent, you may indicate that on the form.You will need to log in with your Wooster username and password.
- Complete Emergency Notification Please follow the directions to submit Emergency Notification information. You need to submit contact information including your cell phone number, non-Wooster e-mail, home phone, and alternative emergency contact, such as a parent or other family member. This information will NOT be used for general announcements, only for emergency notifications.