First-Year Move In
Sunday, August 20, 2017
Move in for first year students starts at 2:00 p.m. First years and their families will not be permitted to enter the residence halls before this time.
Before You Arrive
- Check the "What Should I Bring" list.
- Clearly label all boxes, bags, and belongings with your name, residence hall, and room number.
- If you would like to mail items to the Service Center, please use this address:
(Student Name) c/o The College of Wooster
580 E. Wayne Ave.
Wooster, OH 44691
- Shuttle service will be available on move in day for students who need to pick up packages.
- Should you want to rent a microfridge, or order linens, please visit our microfridge & linens program page for more information.
Join the traffic flow
- Plan your route to enter the move in traffic flow beginning from the Stibbs and Pine St. intersection on Beall Avenue heading north (see the traffic map (.pdf)).
- Follow directions from security officers and volunteers to your residence hall drop off.
NOTE: Beall and Wayne Ave. through campus will be closed to local traffic prior to the event as well as cross streets between Bloomington and Pine St.
At your residence hall drop off
- Drivers, please stay in the car.
- Students, proceed to your floor to check in with your RA who will provide you with your ID, your RCR, and other information.
- A team of volunteers will unload and carry your belongings to your room.
- A volunteer will stay with your belongings at all times.
NOTE: No parking is allowed in unloading zones.
After you’ve unloaded your vehicle
- Volunteers will direct you to designated parking locations.
- Shuttles will be available to return drivers to residence halls.
NOTE: Parking near residence halls during move in will not be permitted.