Winter Break Housing
Students may remain in housing from Friday, December 16, 2016 - Friday, January 13, 2017 at a cost of $15/day for domestic students or $7/day for international students.
Winter Break Housing also applies to those students needing to return to campus prior to Saturday, January 14 at 10:00 a.m.
If you are staying due to a college commitment there will be either no cost or a reduced cost. To receive the reduced, or waived fee, your college sponsor (ex: coach, advisor, and supervisor) should email Residence Life stating your purpose on campus. Typically, for student organizations and groups, your college sponsor would send us a roster.
“College commitment” is defined in the following ways:
- On-campus Student Employment (minimum 10 hrs/week)
- In-season Athletic Practice or Competition
- Required Extracurricular Activity Participation (Band/Choir competition/performance, Student Organizations, etc.)
Winter Break Housing will be located in the following residence halls:
- Babcock Hall
- Bornhuetter Hall
- Compton Hall
- Douglass Hall
- Holden Hall
If you are staying for break and currently live in a break housing location you may stay in your own room. However, you must submit the Winter Break Housing Form.
If you are staying for break and DO NOT currently live in a break housing location, you must submit the Winter Break Housing Form AND obtain permission* from each occupant of the room you will occupy over break. Please note: students must stay in rooms that are designated as the same gender.
*If you are not staying for break but are granting someone else permission stay in your assigned room in a break housing location, submit the Winter Break Housing Temporary Assignment Permission Form.
If you are staying for break, live in a break housing location, AND are having someone stay in your room, submit both the Winter Break Housing Form AND the Winter Break Housing Temporary Assignment Permission Form.
Winter Break Housing form(s) must be submitted by Wednesday, December 7 at 5:00 p.m. Forms submitted after this deadline will be subject to a $25.00 Late Registration Fee.
Once approved, you will pick up your temporary card at Campus Access, Thursday, December 15 at 5:00 p.m. Students must have their move complete by 2:00 p.m. on Friday, December 16.
When completing the Winter Break Housing Forms please understand that you will agree to the following:
- The Winter Break Housing Forms must be completed and submitted no later than Wednesday, December 7, 2016 at 5 p.m. Late applications may result in a delay in obtaining your break card access. A Late Registration Fee of $25.00 will also be assessed.
- I understand that all College policies and state laws are in place during my time residing in break housing; including but not limited to, the Scot’s Key (LINK) and the Housing Agreement. (LINK)
- I understand that if any of my actions or behavior are deemed to be in violation of this agreement, College policy, housing guidelines, or Ohio state law, I may be asked to vacate College housing until such time as an appropriate investigation can be completed and/or until the Residence Hall reopen on Saturday, January 14, 2017 at 10:00 a.m. I also understand that if I am asked to vacate College housing I am responsible for securing my own housing off-campus at my own expense.
- I agree that I will not have overnight guests during the break.
- I will be responsible for the security of the building, the condition of the room, and any missing or damaged items.
- I understand that I have a responsibility to ensure a safe and secure environment in the residential building and to maintain expected conditions of the room.
- I understand that I will be responsible for any missing or damaged items.
- I understand that I may be charged a housing fee of $7.00/$15.00 per night for use of the room depending on the need of my stay in College housing. Students must notify the Office of Residence Life 24 hours prior to any date changes. Failure to notify the Office of Residence Life will result in a full assessment of charges.
- I understand that there will be RAs/ RDs and central office staff members on-call and completing walkthroughs daily, should I need assistance. Information regarding how to contact these staff members will be posted at building entrances.
- The Office of Residence Life will be closed starting at 4 p.m. on Friday, December 23, 2016 and will re-open at 8:30 a.m. on Monday, January 2, 2017.
- There will be no meal plan in effect after lunch Friday, December 16, 2016 through lunch on Sunday, January 15, 2017.
- There will be limited custodial services in open halls during the Winter Break due to staffing patterns.
- Temporary key cards for break accommodations may be picked up at Campus Access starting Thursday, December 15 at 5:00 p.m.
- Students moving to temporary housing must complete their transition by 2:00 pm on December 16. Access to your current assignment will be cut off at that time. (If you should need access to your current assignment after the transition, please contact Security and Protective Services).
- I understand as a student in Winter Break Housing I should return to my regular housing assignment on Wednesday, January 11, 2017.
If you are unable to set up a checkout appointment with your Resident Assistant, or Resident Director, please be sure to fill out the express checkout form (.pdf) to avoid charges should you not be returning to Wooster for the Spring 2017 semester.
Questions and Concerns
Please contact The Office of Residence Life by phone (330-263-2498) or email.