Missionary Alcove Collection

Library Hours

Mon.-Fri.: 8 am-5 pm

Sat.: Closed

Sun.: Closed

View Hours

Libraries

Andrews Library

1140 Beall Avenue

Wooster, OH 44691

Phone: 330-263-2493

Fax: 330-263-2253

ugunawan@wooster.edu

In the 1890s, a "missionary alcove" was established in the library as a pledge of support for missionary activities on campus. As a result, the department now houses quite a collection of 19th-century periodicals related to missionary work, as well as many personal collections of missionary families. Materials in this collection were identified using the 1903 booklet “Catalogue of Books in the Missionary Alcove Library of the University of Wooster.”

All titles have been catalogued and appear in the CONSORT and OhioLINK databases.