847 College Ave.
Wooster, OH 44691
To apply as a home-schooled student, please utilize the following guidelines:
- Schedule and complete an admissions interview
- Apply ONLY using The Common Application
- Provide detailed course descriptions or syllabi for all academic work completed through the home-schooling program.
- Submit TWO letters of recommendation, including one from a person who has provided academic instruction and one from someone outside of the student's home.
- Although Wooster does not require applicants to submit test results in their admission review, we have found such results to be helpful in determining our homeschooled applicants' academic preparedness. To that end, we strongly encourage homeschooled students to submit their SAT or ACT test information with their applications for admission.
|Application Round||Deadline Date||Notification Date||Deposit Date|
|Early Decision I||November 1||November 15||December 1|
|Early Action||November 15||December 31||May 1|
|Early Decision II||January 15||February 1||February 15|
|Regular Decision||February 15||April 1||May 1|
Early Decision I & II: November 1 & January 15
Early Decision is considered binding, so, if you choose to apply under this option, you must also submit the Early Decision Agreement Form. This is an ideal option if you are certain Wooster is your top-choice.
Early Action: November 15
Early Action is a non-binding option that offers you an admission notification earlier in the process, and still allows you to consider other colleges and universities. Early Action applicants have until May 1 to make their final college decision.
Regular Decision: February 15
Regular Decision applicants will receive an admissions decision by April 1 and have until May 1 to make their final college decision. However, please note that some of our scholarships have a January 15 application deadline.
The non-refundable enrollment and security deposit of $400 is payable on or before May 1 (with the exception of Early Decision candidates). One hundred dollars of the enrollment deposit will be used to cover orientation expenses. The balance will be held until graduation or withdrawal from the College.
Questions & Concerns
Please contact Tracy Karr, Home-School Coordinator, at 330-263-2578.