Test Policies for International Students
847 College Ave.
Wooster, OH 44691
The College of Wooster is test flexible for international students. Please choose from the following options:
- The Admission Committee prefers scores from one of the following standardized tests: ACT, SAT, TOEFL, IELTS, PTE Academic, and Duolingo.
- We understand that these tests may not always be accessible for every applicant.
As an alternative step, students may fulfill the testing requirement by submitting
one of the following requirements:
- IB predicted grades
- Three AP exam scores (at least one score must be in AP English Language or Literature).
Students who wish to fulfill the testing requirement with IB grades or AP scores must email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a waiver of the testing requirement.
Reporting Test Scores
To support access to all applicants and reduce submission barriers, Wooster will accept self-reported test scores directly from the application or a score report PDF submitted by the applicant. Applicants who choose to self-report their test scores will be required to verify their test scores, upon enrollment, by submitting official scores directly from the testing agency or a school official. Upon verification, any discrepancy between the self-reported scores and the verified scores could jeopardize a student’s enrollment.
ACT (Code: 3260)
Best score is determined by combining the highest score received on each section from any combination of testing dates (i.e., superscoring).
SAT (Code: 1134)
- Best score is determined by combining the highest score received on each section from any combination of testing dates (i.e., superscoring).
- We will continue to accept scores from the old version of the SAT for the five years scores remain valid, and will superscore within both the old exam and the new, but will not superscore between the two versions. No matter what scores you send, we’ll be considering your best.
- The SAT Essay is neither required nor recommended as part of your application credentials.
TOEFL (Code: 1134)
Students must receive a minimum TOEFL score (or equivalent) of 80 to be considered for admission to The College of Wooster.
Applicants may also submit the Duolingo English Test, which combines an English proficiency test with a brief video interview. Duolingo's technology and format allows applicants to complete the test at any time or place, as long as they have Web access. If you choose to submit Duolingo as your test score, please email email@example.com to let us know when your test has been completed.
The College accepts IELTS TRF forms via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.