Scottish Arts Scholarship
847 College Ave.
Wooster, OH 44691
The Scottish Arts Scholarship is awarded to first-year students (transfers are not eligible) on the basis of music performance skills demonstrated at the audition. Recipients are not required to major or minor in music at Wooster.
To apply for the Scottish Arts Scholarship, please follow these instructions:
- Complete the general application for admission by November 1, 2020.
- Complete the Scottish Arts Scholarship Form by November 1, 2020.
- Select an audition weekend to attend. Audition weekends will be offered in November
- Audition dates and details to be determined.
Applicants who complete all necessary application materials by the initial November deadline, and who attend the November 22-23 audition weekend, will receive notification by December 31, 2020.
* For applicants who are not able to complete the steps above by the November 1 deadline, there will be a second deadline available until January 1, 2021. Please complete all steps above by January 1, 2021 for consideration in the second round of Scottish Arts Scholarship applications. Notification of the second round will occur by April 1, 2021.
Please be prepared to play selections from the following, as chosen by the panel of judges:
- 2/4 March Strathspey and Reel
- 4/4 March Hornpipe and Jig
- Slow March Piobaireachd (optional)
Please be prepared to perform two of the following, as chosen by the panel of judges:
- Sword Dance
- Seann Triubhas
- Strathspey & Reel (optional)
Please be prepared to perform the following:
- Scottish Style Drum Rudiments (chosen by judges)
- Drum Setting for Traditional Tunes
- A Drum Solo (optional)
Expectations of Recipients
Beginning with the first semester of the first year and continuing for as long as the scholarship is held, recipients must:
- Enroll in and successfully complete private lessons on the instrument in which the Scottish Arts Scholarship was won.
- Participate in the Scot Marching and Symphonic Bands.
Questions & Concerns
Please contact Melissa Puster, Administrative Coordinator, at 330-263-2419.