- B.A. Pomona College, English
- M.A. Ph.D. University of Michigan, English Language & Literature
Areas of Interest
- Feminist and Queer Theory
- Men & Masculinities
- Carceral Studies
- Disability Studies
- Literary, Critical, and Cultural Theory
- Modern and Contemporary U.S. Literature and Film
- Style and Stylistics
- WGSS 120: Introduction to Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies
- WGSS 202: History of Feminist Thought
- WGSS 206: Queer Lives
- “Psychoanalytic Thinking and the Sexual Politics of Style.” Criticism: A Quarterly for Literature and the Arts59.1 (2018): 75-98.
- “‘Bent on Candor’: Gossip, Shame, and Capote’s Answered Prayers.” Textual Practice: An International Journal of Radical Literary Studies 30.4 (2016): 711-734.
- “Fruitcake Weather: Queer/Disabled Community in Truman Capote’s ‘A Christmas Memory.’” Disability Studies Quarterly 34.1 (January 2014).
- “A Personal Quantity: On Sexuality and Jamesian Style.” The Henry James Review 33.2 (Summer 2012): 110-126.
- “Bent Hemingway: Sexuality, Straightness, Style.” GLQ: A Journal of Lesbian and Gay Studies 16.3 (2010): 363-387.
- “Faggoty/White/Uniform: Gays in the Military and A Few Good Men.” In Media Res: Race, Identity, and Pop Culture in the Twenty-First Century. Ed. James Peterson (Lewisburg: Bucknell University Press, 2014).