- B.A., The College of Wooster 2011
- Ph.D., University of Illinois at Urbana – Champaign 2017
Areas of Interest
Applications of flow chemistry. Specifically explore the generation of reactive intermediates via photochemical or electrochemical means and their utility for organic synthesis.
- CHEM 111: General Chemistry I
- CHEM 211: Organic Chemistry I
- CHEM 313: Advanced Organic Chemistry
- Denmark, S. E.; Matesich, Z. D.; Nguyen, S. T.; Sephton, S. M. Catalytic Nucleophilic Allylation Driven by the Water–Gas Shift Reaction J. Org. Chem., 2018, 83, 23–48.
- Boroff, J. A.; Matesich, Z. D.; Canache Stuetzer, D.; Schmidtke Sobeck, S. J. Solvent impact on the photophysical properties and excited state behavior of p-aminobenzoic acids. J. Photochem. Photobio. A: Chem. 2015, 305, 60-66.
- Denmark, S. E.; Matesich, Z. D. Catalytic, Nucleophilic Allylation of Aldehydes with 2-Substituted Allylic Acetates: Carbon–Carbon Bond Formation Driven by the Water–Gas Shift Reaction. J. Org. Chem 2014, 79, 5970-5986.
- “Catalytic, Nucleophilic Allylation of Aldehydes with 2-Substituted Allylic Acetates.” 27th Annual Beak-Pines Organic Area Allerton Conference 2013 (Poster)
- “Thermodynamic Analysis of the Intramolecular Charge Transfer in Butyl (4-Dimethylamino) Benzoate and Butyl 4-Aminobenzoate.”
- American Chemical Society Spring Meeting, 2010. San Francisco. (Poster).
- “Bridging Research Communities,” Carnegie Mellon University, 2010. (Poster).
- “Summer Research Symposium,” The College of Wooster, 2009. (Poster).
- American Chemical Society (ACS)
- ACS Division of Organic Chemistry
- List of Teachers Ranked as Excellent by their students, University of Illinois at Urbana – Champaign
- Sylvia Stoesser Fellowship
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Phi Sigma Tau
- POLYED Undergraduate Award for Achievement in Organic Chemistry
- Elias Compton Freshman Prize
- Herrick L. Johnston Scholarship in Chemistry