Visiting Assistant Professor - Computer Science
Office: Taylor 304
- B.E. Computer Engineering, Yeungnam University, South Korea, 1996
- M.S. Computer Science, University of Southern California, 2005
- Ph.D. Computer Science, University of Southern California, 20010
- CS 100: Scientific Computing
- CS 110: Imperative Problem Solving
- Hyokyeong Lee. Oil Field Optimization: Optimization and Machine Learning Approaches. Scholars’ Press. 2014 (Book).
- Hyokyeong Lee and Liang Chen. Inference of kinship using spatial distributions of SNPs for genome-wide association studies. BMC Genomics, 17:372, 2016.
- Hyokyeong Lee, Asher Moody-Davis, Utsab Saha, Brian M. Suzuki, Daniel Asarnow, Steven Chen, Michelle Arkin, Conor R. Caffrey, and Rahul Singh. Quantification and clustering of phenotypic screening data using time-series analysis for chemotherapy of schistosomiasis. BMC Genomics, 13(Suppl 1):S4, 2012.
- Hyokyeong Lee, Ke-Thia Yao, Olu Ogbonnaya Okpani, Aiichiro Nakano, and Iraj Ershaghi. Hybrid Constrained Nonlinear Optimization to Infer Injector-Producer Relationship in Oil Fields. International Journal of Computational Science, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 1–22, 2010.
- Carole Beal, Lei Qu and Hyokyeong Lee. Mathematics motivation and achievement as predictors of high school students’ guessing and help-seeking with instructional software. Journal of Computer Assisted Learning, 2008.
Dr. Lee's research interests lie in mathematical modeling of biological problems using machine learning and numerical optimization, and developing new machine learning methods with theoretical foundations.