Assistant Professor – Theatre and Dance
- B.A., Japanese Literature, Sagami Women’s University, Kanagawa, Japan 2003
- B.F.A., Theatre, Emporia State University, Emporia, KS 2010
- M.F.A., Theatre, Minnesota State University, Mankato, MN 2013
- THTD-10200 - Foundations of Theatrical Design
- THTD-29906 - Asian Theatre
- THTD-30201 - Topics Visual: Scenic Design
Naoko Skala is a scenic designer, scenic artist, props artisan and educator, who was raised in Japan.
Previously Naoko worked as an Assistant Professor of Practice in Scenic and Properties Design and Technology at Northern Arizona University, Flagstaff, AZ. She has taught courses such as Scenic Design, Drafting and Model Building for Theatre, Stagecraft, Asian Theatre, Independent Study of Digital Media for Theatre, Scene Painting, Props Design, Scenography for International Plays and Production Workshop.
Formerly, Naoko worked as a properties coordinator at Arizona Opera. She also taught a Scene Painting class at Arizona State University as a faculty associate and worked as a freelance scene designer/ scenic artist/ props artisan in Mankato, MN, Hilton Head, SC and Phoenix, AZ.
If you would like to see some of her work, please visit her portfolio website: naokoskala.com