Visiting Assistant Professor - Art and Art History
Sharon Koelblinger holds an MFA in Photography from the Tyler School of Art and a BFA in Sculpture from the Minneapolis College of Art and Design. Before joining the College of Wooster, she taught photography at Franklin and Marshall College, The Delaware College of Art and Design, The Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Art among others. In her artwork, she explores the intersection of photography and sculpture to explore the relationship between representation and authenticity. She has participated in exhibitions in New York City, Atlanta, Minneapolis, and Chicago. Sharon has most recently had solo exhibitions at Vox Populi and Black Oak House (both in Philadelphia) and in group exhibitions at Blue Star Contemporary in San Antonio, TX and Upfor Gallery in Portland, OR. She has been awarded residencies at ACRE in Stueben, WI, The Bakery Photographic Collective in Portland, ME and The Vermont Studio Center in Johnson, VT.
- BFA, Minneapolis College of Art and Design 2006
- MFA, Tyler School of Art, Temple University 2012
- ARTS 171: Introduction to Digital Imaging
- ARTS 159: Introduction to Photography
- ARTS 259: Intermediate Photography
- ARTS 359: Advanced Photography