Sigma Tau Delta
1189 Beall Ave.
Wooster, OH 44691
The College of Wooster has a newly-created chapter of the international English Honor Society Sigma Tau Delta on campus.
A member of the Association of College Honor Societies, Sigma Tau Delta was founded in 1924 at Dakota Wesleyan University. The Society strives to:
- Confer distinction for high achievement in English language and literature in undergraduate, graduate, and professional studies;
- Provide, through its local chapters, cultural stimulation on college campuses and promote interest in literature and the English language in surrounding communities;
- Foster all aspects of the discipline of English, including literature, language, and writing;
- Promote exemplary character and good fellowship among its members;
- Exhibit high standards of academic excellence; and
- Serve society by fostering literacy.
President: Dana Smith
Advisor: Tom Prendergast