1189 Beall Ave.
Wooster, OH 44691
Each semester, students at The College of Wooster are required to pay the student activities fee. All chartered student organizations, in good standing, are eligible for funding through an allocations process of the student activities fee. Each spring semester, student organizations will submit a detailed budget proposal for the upcoming academic year. All budget requests must be in accordance with the Scot Council Budget Committee Guidelines. Any requests that do not follow these guidelines will not be considered.
2021-2022 Scot Council Guidelines for Allocation of Funds
Mandatory Budget Allocation Training
Lowry Center & Student Activities along with Scot Council will be holding trainings for the 2021-2022 student organization leaders on how to write their budget for next academic year. The training will go over the Scot Council Budget Guidelines, the budget template, and information and tips that will help you write a successful budget. Attendance by the chartered organization is required at one (1) session in order to be eligible for funding. Representative must attend the entire 2-hour session. Any member of the organization can attend. It is recommended that the president, treasurer, and/or event planners attend but anyone playing a part in writing the budget is also welcome. Again, attendance at one (1) of these trainings by one (1) member of your chartered student organization is REQUIRED in order to be eligible to receive funding from the student activities fee. There will be no makeup sessions. Come with ideas for your budget so you can ask questions, especially as they relate to your goals for next year. The dates and times are as follow:
Thursday 2/18/21 - 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm via Microsoft Teams
Friday 2/19/21 - 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm via Microsoft Teams
Saturday 2/20/21 - 10:00 am - 12:00 pm via Microsoft Teams
Monday 2/22/21 - 4:30 pm - 6:30 pm via Microsoft Teams
Wednesday 2/24/21 - 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm via Microsoft Teams
Wednesday 2/24/21 - 8:30 pm - 10:30pm via Microsoft Teams
Thursday 2/25/21 - 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm via Microsoft Teams *specific for Club Sports
All Budgets will be due to Student Activities by Tuesday, March 3, 2021 by 11:59 am EST.
Are We Eligible for Funds through this Process?
- Chartered Student Organizations that are Chartered by Scot Council before February 27, 2021
- Chartered Organizations that have Submitted Cabinet Information for 2021-2022 to LCSA by 2/14/21 at noon EST
- Chartered Organizations that have submitted spring Rosters by 2/5/21 by noon EST
- Your Organization must have a minimum of five (5) members to remain active
- An Organizational Charter and/or Constitution in Good Standing
- Charter and/or Constitution must have been submitted by the deadline of 3/26/21 at noon EST
- One (1) Representative from the Student Organization must attend 1 trainings for the entire duration.
- Budget Request is prepared and submitted by the 2021-2022 Cabinet Members who will Oversee the Budget in the 2021-2022 Academic Year. Seniors may not write or submit the budget.