Services & Facilities
Art and Art History
Ebert Art Center
1220 Beall Avenue
Wooster, OH 44691
Hours: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
The Visual Resources Library has a number of services and facilities available for the Department of Art and Art History and the college community. If you are interested in any of these services or have any questions, please contact the Visual Resources at extension 2414.
Digital Image Collections
ARTstor is a subscription service with access to more than one million images and their associated metadata. Everyone on campus has access to ARTstor. It enables instructors to:
- Save, organize, and share image groups
- Annotate images
- Create and share presentations
- Utilize a powerful Offline Image Viewer (OIV)
Digital Image Requests
The addition of images to the digital collections is done on a regular basis. These additions are made within the budget, staffing constraints, and the needs of the Department of Art.
Specific images can be requested by filling out an image request form, available from the Visual Resources office. These requests are subject to approval and should not be for non-academic use.
Because of the time and expense involved in digital image creation, all images and their associated metadata are stored in MDID so that others may benefit from this combined resource.
Generally, there is a two-week turn-around time for image requests of ten images or more. If there is a rushed or emergency situation, accommodations can be made. Please contact the Visual Resources Curator.
Faculty and staff from the Department of Art and Art History are welcome to use, but are asked not to remove, any of the scanning equipment located in the Visual Resources Library.
Faculty, staff, and student assistants from outside the Department of Art and Art History may also use the scanning equipment. Please schedule an appointment with Visual Resources before doing so.
- Large format Epson flatbed scanners
- Epson Perfection 4990 Photo flatbed scanner
Computer Equipment and Software
- Digital lab - Mac laptops and desktops
- Adobe Creative Cloud
Digital Photography and Lighting Equipment
- Nikon D90 digital SLR with several lenses
- Digital photo/video copy stand
- Small studio set-up with background materials
- Lighting equipment (continous and strobe)
- Light tables and slide sorters for viewing and sorting slides
- Caramate viewer for projecting and reviewing slides
- Nikon Super Coolscan 5000 ED Slide Scanner with batch feeder adapter