Lambda Pi Eta
303 E. University Street
Wooster, OH 44691
Lambda Pi Eta is the National Communication Honor Society, which is open to qualified sophomores, juniors, and seniors. Lambda Pi Eta recognizes, fosters, and rewards outstanding scholastic achievement and works to stimulate interest in the communication discipline.
Membership is open to communication majors - Communication Sciences & Dosorders or Communication Studies who have met the following standards: (1) completion of 15 courses at Wooster with a minimum cumulative GPA of at least 3.00; (2) completion of at least 4 communication courses with a minimum GPA of 3.25; (3) demonstration of good character; (4) commitment to the discipline; and (5) endorsement by the faculty and current members.
New members are invited each semester and inducted into Communication Club at the Department's Celebration of Beginnings and Endings dinner each April. Membership is by invitation only.
- Lambda Pi Eta sponsors several events each year such as the Margaret Wick Public Speaking Competition and a student film festival.
- In collaboration with Communication Club, Lambda Pi Eta also hosts alumni speakers and film screening events such as a social media communication technology screening of Disconnect.
Lambda Pi Eta is a service organization that strives to reach the Communication Department, The College of Wooster campus, and the greater Wooster community through monthly service projects. The projects include:
- Helping with the Wooster Volunteer Network's "Rake A Difference" event in the Wooster Community
- Teaming up with Communication Club and NSSLHA to make Thanksgiving cards for residents at Glendora Nursing Home
- Volunteering with People-To-People Ministries of Wayne County on its Christmas Toy Project
- Organizing the Communication Department's spring cleaning