The Richard G. Osgood, Jr., Memorial Lectureship in Geology
944 College Mall
Wooster, OH 44691
The Richard G. Osgood, Jr., Memorial Lectureship in Geology was endowed in 1981 by his three sons in memory of their father. Dr. Osgood was a paleontologist with an international reputation who taught at Wooster from 1967 until 1981. Funds from this endowment are used to bring a well–known scientist interested in paleontology and/or stratigraphy to the campus each year to lecture and meet with students.
Alycia Stigall, Professor of Geological Sciences at Ohio University, will present the 38th annual Richard G. Osgood, Jr., Memorial Lecture. The lecture, titled “Invasive Species, Mass Extinctions, and Biotic Radiations: Lessons for Today from Oceans of the Past” will begin at 7:30 p.m. on Tuesday, March 5, in Lean Lecture Room of Wishart Hall.
- 2020 James White, College of Arts and Sciences at the University of Colorado Boulder
- 2019 Alycia L. Stigall, Department of Geological Sciences, OHIO Center for Ecology and Evolutionary Studies, Ohio University
- 2018 Maureen Raymo, Bruce C. Heezen Lamont Research Professor, Lamont-Doherty Core Repository Director, Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory, Columbia University
- 2017 Rob Thieler, U.S. Geological Survey, Coastal and Marine Geology Program, Woods Hole, Massachusetts
- 2016 Patrick O'Connor, Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine
- 2015 Scott White, University of South Carolina,
- 2014 Jessica Conroy ('03), University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
- 2013 Michael E. Mann, Penn State University
- 2012 George Davis ('64), The University of Arizona
- 2011 Dr. Susan Lozier, Duke University
- 2010 Dr. James W. Hagadorn, Amherst College
View the entire list of Osgood Speakers.