Wooster, OH 44691
Case Western Reserve University offers a binary (3+2) program resulting in a B.A. from The College of Wooster and a B.S. from CWRU.
Degree Programs/Disciplines of Study
- Aerospace Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Macromolecular Science and Engineering
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Engineering Physics
- Systems & Control Engineering
The Binary Program at Case Western
The Binary Program allows students to begin their studies at a liberal arts college for three years and pursue an Engineering degree at Case Western Reserve University for two years. Students who successfully complete the program will graduate with a Bachelors of Arts degree from the College of Wooster after the first year at Case Western and will graduate with a Bachelors of Science degree in Engineering from Case Western after the second year.
Students must maintain a 3.0 overall GPA and a 3.0 in math and science at the College of Wooster.
Academic Guidelines (sample coursework recommended prior to enrollment at Case Western) For more information, visit Case's Dual Degree Program.
- Mathematics: courses equivalent to 2 years of math
- Physics: courses equivalent to 1 yr of physics
- Chemistry: courses equivalent to 1 yr of chemistry
- Computer Programming: elementary computer programming
- Natural Science: math or statistics courses as designated by major department
- Humanities & Social Sciences: must complete at least 21 semester hours of humanities and social science courses
- English: must complete English courses with college level writing proficiency
Recommended Courses to take at Wooster
- CS 110 - Imperative Problem Solving
- Math 111 - Calculus I
- Math 112 - Calculus II
- Math 212 - Multivariate Calculus
- Math 221 - Differential Equations
- Physics 111 - Calculus Physics I
- Physics 112 - Calculus Physics II
- Chem 112 - Principles of Chemistry
Additional Case Western Requirements for Chemical Engineering
- Chem 211 - Organic Chemistry I
- Chem 212 - Organic Chemistry II
- Chem 318 - Physical Chemistry I
- Chem 319 - Physical Chemistry II
Additional Case Western Requirements for Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
- Physics 220 - Electronics for Scientists
- Physics 304 - Electricity and Magnetism
Other Recommended Courses
- Physics 202 - Mathematical Methods for the Physical Sciences
- Math 211 - Linear Algebra
- Math 327 - Numerical Analysis
- Students interested MUST apply through the Case Western Reserve University Office of Admissions. Applications are completed on-line and are located under “3/2” Engineering”.
- College of Wooster students should work closely with their departmental advisor and with the Pre-Engineering advisor to make sure all deadlines are met and all courses required have been taken.
- Scholarship awards are available to Binary students during their two years at Case Western Reserve University.