Carpenter Pre-Law Prize
Pre-Law Advising Program
944 College Mall
Wooster, OH 44691
David L. Carpenter
David L. Carpenter was born and raised in Norwalk, Ohio. He graduated from Norwalk High School and attended The College of Wooster, graduating in 1965. While at Wooster, he won departmental honors in economics, a varsity letter in track and field, and also played intramural sports.
In 1969, Dave graduated from the University of Michigan with both an M.B.A. and a J.D. He immediately joined the Cleveland law firm of Calfee, Halter & Griswold, LLP. He was recognized in the corporate lawyer category in the publication Best Lawyers in America.
He was an active member of the Heights Christian Church and also served on the board of the National Conference for Community and Justice.
The David L. Carpenter Pre-Law Prize (.pdf) was established in 2000 in memory of David Lyle Carpenter '65. He died in 1999, after a courageous battle with pancreatic cancer.
This prize is awarded at Commencement to the outstanding Pre-Law graduating Senior.
Criteria for Eligibility
- acceptance into an accredited U.S. law school;
- academic excellence at The College of Wooster;
- leadership ability, values that will serve the profession with competence and integrity;
- and participation in The Pre-Law Advising Program.
Financial need is not a consideration, nor is summer employment. Only a student’s record at The College of Wooster will be considered.
To be eligible for the prize, you must submit the following:
- Application Form (.doc) - fill in form and then print. (This form will be available 3/2019.
- Unofficial College of Wooster transcript
- Personal Statement you've sent to law schools to which you've applied
Return your application materials to Patrice Reeder, Pre-Law Advising Program Administrative Coordinator, in Scovel Hall, room 116A by noon on Thursday, March 26, 2020.
- Jordan Griffith '19
- Austin Maffei '18
- Jacob Hailperin-Lausch '17
- Rachel Sullivan '16
- Mallory Kruper '15
- Methawee Manupipatpong '14
- Stephen Perrott '13
- Jacob Sklar '12
- Kaylin Gaal '11
- Alexa Roggenkamp '10
- Melissa Wood '09
- Heather Couch '08
- Lauren Schreur '07
- Margaux Day '06
- Michael Ruttinger '05
- Erin Kriynovich '04
- Gregory M. Davis '03
- Elizabeth Ann Keller '02
- Katherine Opsincs
- Ken Walczak