Fall 2020 Guide
Preparing for a Safe Fall 2020
Wooster is releasing new data weekly on the health of campus and conditions in Wayne County. View our COVID-19 Dashboard.
Wooster will operate on a modified academic calendar for fall semester. Classes will start as originally planned on Wednesday, August 19, but will conclude Tuesday, November 24 just prior to Thanksgiving. All final papers and assessments will be designed so they can be done from home. Fall Break in October will be replaced with a one-day academic recess on October 7. Students who have special needs to stay on campus through Thanksgiving and beyond will be able to do so. We understand this may apply to many international students, as well as some students from the United States.
All Wooster students on campus were required to commit to our Community of Care Agreement outlining campus requirements to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 and keep our community safe. In addition, all students are asked to regularly monitor their email and course Moodle sites to receive timely information from faculty and staff, who may need to make quick adjustments to classes and college programming.
We invite you to learn more about Wooster’s plans for a safe and healthy return in fall by reviewing each section of this guide including, Move-in, Health & Safety, Housing & Dining, Testing and more.
- CDC Coronavirus Disease Information and Updates
- Information from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention CDC travel health notices, including a map with Levels 1, 2 & 3 Travel Advisories
- Ohio Department of Health Coronavirus Updates
- The Wayne County Health Department, in partnership with the Wayne County Emergency Management Agency, has established a Joint Information Center for individuals to receive accurate and local information. Live and local operators are available from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Friday at 330-263-6363. In the event that you receive a busy signal, please leave a message and you will receive a call back.
- The World Health Organization (WHO)
- Johns Hopkins Center for Health and Security COVID-19 Resources
- State Department Resources for Travelers
- CDC Stigma and Anxiety relating to COVID-19 Resources
Questions? Contact Us
For questions, please call 330-263-2000 or email Woosterfirstname.lastname@example.org