Non-Exempt Full-Time, Staff
The College of Wooster is seeking an Assistant Director of Advancement Services. This position will collaborate with members of the Division to deliver high quality data and computing services. This individual will assist in maintaining and auditing the Raiser’s Edge NXT database, and other related software tools. They will assist the Director in developing customized reports, queries and exports and use project management software to track data requests during all steps of the process.
This office professional will respond to data retrieval requests and utilize their experience with Raiser’s Edge NXT to problem solve for the department and the division.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Enter data into Raiser’s Edge NXT and process information as it comes into the office. This includes maintaining biographical records, entering gifts and scanning documents into storage.
- Develop customized reports, queries and exports for the Advancement office for the benefit of office staff, college personnel or college-related individuals (alumni, trustees, etc.) utilizing Raiser’s Edge NXT and other related software tools.
- Assist in the installation and maintenance of office web functions such as online giving and online alumni tools.
- Assist in computer problem solving and provide direct assistance or liaison assistance with the department of Information Technology and software vendors as needed to resolve computing or software issues.
- Assist office staff, alumni, and other constituencies in problem solving web issues related to online alumni tools, online giving, and other similar functions.
- Assist members of the Advancement office with data segmentation and requests. Maintain all information related to fulfilling requests in project management software. Hold staff members to the policies and procedures related to data requests and timing.
- Assist the Director of Advancement Services with auditing and managing the Raiser’s Edge NXT database and web tools for the Advancement division. This involves the need to make changes to data.
A high school diploma and two years of related experience. A bachelors degree is preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to create and run queries and exports in Raiser’s Edge NXT.
- Experience in managing Advancement databases, including Raiser’s Edge NXT. Familiarity with other Blackbaud systems, such as Online Express and Guided Fundraising, are a plus.
- Must be able to manage projects to meet deadlines, think strategically, analyze information to solve problems and work with numbers. A good working understanding of Microsoft Excel is highly preferred.
- Must be able to work on campus.
For highest consideration please submit a resume, cover letter, and a list of 3 professional references which includes name, telephone number and email address.
The College of Wooster does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex/gender, gender identity, gender expression, medical condition, political affiliation, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin (including ancestry), citizenship status, disability, age, marital status, family responsibilities, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, domestic violence victim status, or any other characteristic protected by institutional policy, or by state, local, or federal law. All offers of employment are subject to verification of the legal right to work in the United States as required by federal law. The College of Wooster is committed by policy and practice to diversity, equity and inclusion. Read our nondiscrimination policy.