Exempt Full-Time, Staff
The College of Wooster is seeking an Assistant/Sr. Assistant Director of Admissions. This position is an integral member of the enrollment team responsible for territory management, travel/recruitment, assessment of application and scholarship eligibility, and supporting daily operations including general communication efforts, interviews, presentations, virtual engagement, and group visit programming. This is an on-campus, in-person full-time position.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assess applications for admission based on College admission standards and goals, including eligibility of merit aid eligibility
- Conduct interviews of prospective students, advising and guiding prospective students and families about the college admission and financial aid processes
- Analyze institutional and marketplace data and trends to effectively recruit from an assigned territory
- Communicate effectively in both written and verbal form with varied audiences and partners on- and off-campus
- Conduct group information sessions and other public-speaking initiatives promoting the distinctions of the College, our commitment to a global, diverse and inclusive campus community, and related topics such as the college search process. Events will be both in-person and conducted virtually.
- Increase College’s brand visibility by cultivating relationships with school and independent counselors, and community-based organizations.
- Coordinate and execute between 5-6 weeks of travel during the fall and 3 weeks during the spring which can include high school visits, college fairs, interviews, special events and counselor meetings. Travel Includes weekend and evening work time. Summer travel commitments are possible but not typical.
- Support coordination and execution of on- and off-campus recruitment events.
Bachelor’s degree from accredited four-year college or university. Typically, recent college graduates and individuals with 1-3 years of professional experience, admissions work preferred, will qualify for the assistant director position. Candidates with three or more years of admissions experience will be considered for the senior assistant level position.
Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and effective written and verbal communication skills. Work independently, showing ample initiative, but also be an effective contributor to the team. Appreciate and pay attention to details and unique strategies when recruiting young adults and their family members. Demonstrate cultural competency and value continued training and education regarding diversity and inclusivity. Ability to multi-task and complete work on-time. Demonstrate professional diplomacy and keep information confidential. Be highly organized and demonstrate ample ability to think critically, strategically, and analytically. Interest and experience working with evolving technology, particularly Microsoft Office Suite and a CRM/similar database system such as Slate. A good sense of humor is valued.
For highest consideration please submit a resume, cover letter, and a list of 3 professional references which includes name, telephone number and email address.
The College of Wooster does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex/gender, gender identity, gender expression, medical condition, political affiliation, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin (including ancestry), citizenship status, disability, age, marital status, family responsibilities, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, domestic violence victim status, or any other characteristic protected by institutional policy, or by state, local, or federal law. All offers of employment are subject to verification of the legal right to work in the United States as required by federal law. The College of Wooster is committed by policy and practice to diversity, equity and inclusion. Read our nondiscrimination policy.