Non-Exempt Full-Time, Staff
The College of Wooster is seeking custodian(s) to be a member of a 2nd shift professional cleaning team with a goal of providing excellent customer service in a sanitary, clean and safe environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Cleans and sanitizes restrooms
- Cleans public areas of buildings: classrooms, lounges, kitchenettes, stairways, entryways and elevators.
- Cleans offices, including: dusting, vacuuming, washing furnishings and phones.
- Removes trash and recycling from buildings to dumpsters or designated area.
- Washes interior and exterior of windows that can be cleaned with proper safety procedures.
- Performs routine cleaning work through the academic year but may also perform project work during breaks and through the summer months.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty according to departmental standards while paying attention to detail. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to manage time efficiently, based on cleaning frequency standards and building routines as well as unexpected circumstances.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- One to three years related experience and/or training preferred.
- Must be organized and able to work effectively with minimum supervision.
- Must have good interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to report to work on-time, as scheduled.
- Must be able to function as a member of a team.
- Must be flexible and able to work in a high pressure work environment with changing priorities.
- Must have a service-oriented work attitude.
For highest consideration please complete an application or submit a resume, cover letter, and a list of 3 professional references which includes name, telephone number and email address.
The College of Wooster does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex/gender, gender identity, gender expression, medical condition, political affiliation, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin (including ancestry), citizenship status, disability, age, marital status, family responsibilities, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, domestic violence victim status, or any other characteristic protected by institutional policy, or by state, local, or federal law. All offers of employment are subject to verification of the legal right to work in the United States as required by federal law. The College of Wooster is committed by policy and practice to diversity, equity and inclusion. Read our nondiscrimination policy.