Non-Exempt Full-Time, Staff
The College of Wooster is seeking a full-time Dining Manager who is responsible for coaching and leading hourly staff in Lowry, Kittredge, and at catered events to provide high quality food with the highest level of customer service.
Essential Duties and Qualifications:
- Supervise the training of hourly staff in campus dining facilities to provide high quality foods and superior customer service
- Communicate with staff and customers to ensure satisfaction
- Open, close and maintain the security of the dining locations
- Oversee the complete operation of multiple, unique food service concepts while maintaining thorough knowledge of all
- Conduct or participate in training classes on various food service topics during College breaks
- Coaches and directs staff while ensuring that each staff member is treated with respect and dignity.
- Communicates and/or documents staff behavior issues with the General Manager of Campus Dining for consultation and action
- Work closely with the schedule to develop the most efficient and professional team for each dining area
- Work with the Executive Chef to develop and correct recipes and menus for the food service stations
- Maintain the proper sanitation in all department areas according to Health Department code and standards
- Troubleshoot equipment malfunctions and place work orders for repairs
- Communicate and enforce standards, policies and procedures set by Campus Dining and the College of Wooster
- Apart from regularly assigned student dining shifts and responsibilities, must be flexible to perform related duties and responsibilities during College breaks, summers, and catered events
- High school diploma or GED
- Professional training or education in food service management preferred
- Ten or more years of food service/restaurant experience and knowledge of a broad menu of cuisines
- Prior work as a manager or supervisor in a food service setting
- Excellent customer service skills
- Current certificate of advanced training in food safety
- Knowledge of food allergies and cross contamination prevention
- Critical thinking skills
- Proven leadership skills and the ability to coach and motivate a diverse workforce
- Excellent interpersonal skills and professionalism
- Ability to multi-task and react quickly to change
- Dependable, and able to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends on a rotating basis
For highest consideration please submit a resume, cover letter, and a list of 3 professional references which includes name, telephone number and email address.
The College of Wooster does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex/gender, gender identity, gender expression, medical condition, political affiliation, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin (including ancestry), citizenship status, disability, age, marital status, family responsibilities, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, domestic violence victim status, or any other characteristic protected by institutional policy, or by state, local, or federal law. All offers of employment are subject to verification of the legal right to work in the United States as required by federal law. The College of Wooster is committed by policy and practice to diversity, equity and inclusion. Read our nondiscrimination policy.