Exempt Full-Time, Staff
The College of Wooster is seeking a second shift Manager of Custodial Services. This position serves as a working manager for Custodial Services unit by partnering with Facilities’ Management staff to ensure departmental goals are achieved in a timely, cost effective, and safe manner and provides assistance to custodians to ensure overall cleanliness of academic and ancillary buildings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans, directs, and evaluates the work of Custodial staff in Facilities Operations; monitors departmental operations and objectives to ensure that services are being provided in a timely, cost efficient and safe manner.
- Supervises custodial services to ensure clean, orderly, and attractive conditions of all academic and ancillary buildings; establishes APPA quality standards and utilizes the Web TMA maintenance management system for organizing work and scheduling, planning, tracking, preventive maintenance scheduling, project scheduling and follow-up changes in facilities activity.
- Utilizes the Web TMA maintenance management system for organizing work, scheduling, planning, tracking, and follow-up changes in facilities activity; forecasts and analyzes data; utilizes knowledge of Institute policies and practices to formulate solutions; continually monitors the custodial operations’ efficiency; creates reports to support decisions and recommendations; contributes to the development of policies and standard operating procedures; monitors effectiveness; makes effective decisions in accordance with applicable laws; considers the impact of decisions on the long-term.
- Evaluates products and equipment for use; prepares orders, processes, secures and tracks inventory, etc.
- Conducts and documents staff meetings; handles all follow-up in a timely manner; provides daily verbal and written communication to staff; ensures the flow of consistent information between shifts.
- Trains employees with emphasis on working procedures, operation and use of new equipment and materials, safety, and Institute policies; assigns responsibilities; maintains best practices when establishing staffing levels and area assignments.
- Assists with budget preparation; responsible for monitoring expenditures; reviews invoices; controls work activity costs in accordance with budgeted requirements; estimates costs.
- Maintains personnel files for direct reports; monitors employee attendance, quality, production, and conducts performance appraisals.
- Participates in the On-Call rotation for emergency calls during non-business hours and determines corrective measures; maintains a 24/7 availability for campus support and corrective measures.
Directly supervises 17-20 employees in Custodial Services; carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or three years related custodial and supervisory and/or training equivalent combination of education and experience. Computer knowledge is necessary. Certification with IEHA, ISSA or similar organization preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Valid Ohio Driver’s License
For highest consideration please submit a resume, cover letter, and a list of 3 professional references which includes name, telephone number and email address.