Non-Exempt Full-Time, Staff
The College of Wooster is seeking a Registered Nurse (Night Shift) in the Longbrake Student Wellness Center. This is a part-time 9 month position including some weekend responsibility, with breaks and summers off. This position is eligible for some benefits. Nurses provide high quality skilled nursing care including evaluation, triage, outreach and care for students.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the physician with medications, phlebotomy, IV and treatment orders.
- Assess and record vital signs of all students requiring care at the wellness center
- Document up to date, confidential student Electronic Medical Records with medications, reports, comments, referral letters, diagnosis and other pertinent information.
- Record pertinent information on patient chart and receive patient report from the previous shift
- Triage and make sound nursing decisions and think independently within the guidelines provided.
- Care for ill, post-op, or injured students to help to maintain their classroom work and stay at school.
- Refer and schedule MD appointments at Longbrake Student Wellness Center
- Discuss medical care with provider on call to develop plan of care, if necessary.
- Refer to clinician in the community, urgent care or emergency department, if necessary.
- Perform suture removal, dressing changes, breathing treatments, phlebotomy, IV therapy, EKG’s, etc.
- Provide health education to patients (may include students, staff and faculty), i.e. the appropriate use of medications, treatments, equipment and care.
- Teach students to recognize and take responsibility for their role in personal health care.
- Assist students in navigation of the college and larger heath care system.
Exceptional customer service skills required.
Preference may be given for at least 5 years related experience and/or BSN degree.
The College of Wooster is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Employment is subject to federal laws requiring verification of identity and legal right to work in the United States as required by the Immigration Reform and Control Act. The College of Wooster is a drug-free workplace.
For highest consideration please submit a resume, cover letter, and a list of 3 professional references which includes name, telephone number and email address.
The College of Wooster does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex/gender, gender identity, gender expression, medical condition, political affiliation, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin (including ancestry), citizenship status, disability, age, marital status, family responsibilities, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, domestic violence victim status, or any other characteristic protected by institutional policy, or by state, local, or federal law. All offers of employment are subject to verification of the legal right to work in the United States as required by federal law. The College of Wooster is committed by policy and practice to diversity, equity and inclusion. Read our nondiscrimination policy.