Faculty & Staff: Resources & Tools
Gault Library - Lower Level
1140 Beall Avenue
Wooster, OH 44691
Wooster faculty and staff members continue to play a critical role in helping students navigate between the classroom and our global community. Wooster students have diverse interests, skill sets, and values. Career Planning is here to help guide students to explore, create, and pursue their own unique career paths. Please encourage the students you teach or work with to make an appointment, ext. 2496, or come to one of our scheduled events.
Partner with Career Planning
We would be happy to partner with you to support the career development needs of the students within your discipline or office. In the past few years we’ve partnered with many academic departments and offices serving on panels, sharing career planning tools & resources, and offering specialized data and information about where graduates are employed and attend graduate school by major. Please email us to get your request started.
Resources for Faculty & Staff
- What do Wooster Graduates Do with Their Major?
- First Destination Report, Class of 2017 (.pdf)
- Career Planning Annual Report, 2017-18
Resources to Share with Your Students
- SIGI: This standardized instrument guides students through a series of questions about their interest, skill, and value preferences and then offers a list of career paths to consider based on their answers.
- Finding Internships: Internships allow you to enhance your skills and apply classroom knowledge to a professional environment.
- Resume & Interviews: OptimalResume helps student create a polished, targeted resume. Optimalinterview offers students access to a databank of over 1,000 interview questions. Students select a sub-set, such as behaviorally-based interviewing, as a pre-recorded interviewer asks about 10 questions for the student to record their answers. It is a great way to practice because if they get stuck, they can stop the program and get advice on how to answer the question from an on-line guide.
- Seeking Employment: A number of resources specifically created for the liberal arts graduate as well as resources by industry clusters.
- CareerBeam: A state-of-the-art program designed to provide all the resources necessary to guide students through the strategic job search process and achieve their career goals.
- GoinGlobal: GoinGlobal helps job and internship seekers find opportunities both at home and abroad.
- Graduate & Professional School: In the last three years approximately 25% - 27% of the graduating classes are attending graduate school. This link offers timelines, tools, and resources to help guide students as they apply.
- Vault: An educational tool that provides unlimited access to comprehensive career information and management tools. It includes access to: Industry & Professions, Company Profiles, Career e-books, and Articles & Blogs.