Make an Appointment Students
Explore Careers Choosing a Major Find Internships Seek EmploymentAlumni Faculty & Staff Parents Employers Life After Graduation Contact Us APEX Home
Arts Communication Corporate & Entrepreneurship Education Environment Gap Year Government & Law Health & Wellness international Research & Science Social & Public ServiceNavigate Applications Network with Professionals Apply to Graduate & Professional School
Financial Aid Application Process Entrance Exams Graduate Fellowships & Scholarships Selecting Schools Planning TimelineCareer Planning Handouts
Gault Library - Lower Level
1140 Beall Avenue
Wooster, OH 44691
Spring: Prior to Applying
- Research areas of interest, institutions, and programs.
- Talk to advisers about application requirements.
- Register and prepare for appropriate graduate entrance exams.
- Investigate national scholarships.
- If appropriate, obtain letter of recommendation.
Summer: Prior to Applying
- Take required graduate entrance exams.
- Download application materials.
- Visit institutions of interest, if possible.
- Write your application essay and have it reviewed for comments by faculty and a career advisor.
- Check on application deadlines and rolling admissions policies.
Fall: Application Time
- Obtain letters of recommendation.
- Send in completed applications.
- Fill out the Free Applications for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or pick up at the Financial Aid Office.
- Check with all institutions before their deadlines to make sure your file is complete.
- Schedule interviews as needed.
- Visit institutions that accept you.
- Send a deposit to your chosen institution.
- Notify other colleges and universities that accepted you of your decision so that they can admit students on their waiting list.
- Send thank-you notes to people who wrote your recommendation letters, informing them of your decision.