Academic Challenges Adjusting to the College of Wooster Alcohol and Drugs Anxiety Depression Disordered Eating Grief How to Help Others Negative Relationships Chronic Pain/Illness Relationship Basics Safer Sex Sexual Assault Sexuality Sleep Hygiene What to do if you suspect a friend or loved one is suicidal? Trauma and Crisis Things to do while waiting to talk to a counselorMedical Services Health Education Dental Services Health & Wellness Staff Physicians Staff Only (Login)
Student Wellness Center
Longbrake Student Wellness Center
570 E. Wayne Ave.
Wooster, OH 44691
Focus – Some Tips to Being Productive and Caring For Yourself:
- Write it down – everything (you may not need to do this forever, but getting into the habit of recording what you are thinking in “real time” can allow you to cut down some of the anxiety of forgetting tasks or thoughts.
- Map it out – keep a planner, check in with details a few times a day (most importantly the night before, and first thing in the morning) this gives you a “game plan.”
- Create the right environment- if noises are making your environment too noisy, find quiet. If you need ambient noise – make it happen. Make it work for you, not against you.
- Prioritize tasks
- Take a quick break - boredom can lead to “Google rabbit holes” – take a short break, walk around, get a snack or drink, try a yoga stretch, then come back and regroup.
- Set a timer- be aware of realistic time frames (if it takes you 10 minutes to get across campus, factor that in)
- Plan some joy/fun – it is ok to reward yourself.
- “Chunk it”- Break things up into more manageable tasks.
- Meditate (or find SOME time in your day that is not stimulating, with no flickering screens, no music, no distractions)
- Have time where you let your mind loose – let yourself out of the box, this allows all of the thoughts you are trying to suppress out so they are not rattling you when you need to focus.
- Time is one of our greatest resources. Used wisely, it can enable you to do the things in life that are important to you. Review how you spend your time in order to help you prioritize your goals and objectives.
For more help, contact the Learning Center!