Current Students with Approved Accommodations
1140 Beall Avenue
Wooster, OH 44691
Fall 2020 COVID-19 Announcement:
Whether or not you are learning in-person, hybrid, or remotely, academic accommodations remain in effect for the Fall of 2020. If you are a first-year student, don’t forget to attend your assigned accommodation meeting to review your potential academic accommodations. If you are a Sophomore, Junior or Senior, please review the instructions listed below on renewing your accommodations.
Fall 2020 Testing Accommodations Notification:
Testing in the Learning Center will look different this fall as we continue to work to provide a safe location for students to test in. Additionally, many professors have let us know that they will be using different forms of assessment rather than traditional in-person tests. Please review your syllabus carefully to identify what kind of assessments you will have.
- Instructions for taking an exam in the Learning Center: If you have a professor that will be giving an in-person, paper exam during normal
class time and you want to take the exam in the Learning Center, you must register to
take the exam two business days prior to the exam. Due to the constraints of our space,
we will not be able to help any student who is late in requesting a seat. You may
also be asked to take the exam at a different time than the regular class period.
This is to help ensure reduced density in the testing space. Please note: during the
first two weeks of remote instruction only (8/19-9/7/2020), the LC will not be proctoring
- Instructions for timed online exams: If you are taking an online exam that is timed (i.e. 50 minutes or 120 minutes), you
must email your faculty member two business days before the exam to request that they
change your time via Moodle. Please remind your faculty on how much extra time you
receive (1.5X/2X). Faculty will be able to verify this information via their Clockwork
Academic Accommodations Notification Email.
- Instructions for untimed online exams: If you are taking an online exam that is not timed, you do not need to notify anyone of the need for accommodations unless the accommodations are for something other than extended time.
If you have been approved for academic accommodations through the Learning Center, you will need to update our office at the beginning of each semester via the Accommodation Renewal Form below.
- Accommodation Renewal Request (Must be completed prior to the beginning of each semester)
- Learning Center Test Request (Exam requests must be submitted 2 business days prior to your exam. Monday exam requests must be made by the previous Friday at 2:00 PM.)
For a tutorial on how to renew your Academic Accomodations, please refer to the College of Wooster Clockwork Portal Student Tutorial.