Academic Skill Development
1140 Beall Avenue
Wooster, OH 44691
Overwhelmed? Stressed? Struggling to keep up with your coursework? Or maybe you are managing your classes just fine, but you want to get even more out of your college experience.
If any of that sounds like you, the Learning Center can help.
Whether you are a freshman trying to sort out college life or a senior designing your I.S., our caring, professional staff members can help you discover new strategies to meet the ever-increasing challenges you are facing at the College of Wooster. Make an appointment to discuss your individual learning goals.
Here are some items that are typically discussed during one-on-one meetings at the Learning Center:
- Calendar planning (by the day, week, month and/or semester)
- Time audits (“Where is all that time going?”)
- Academic and co-curricular life balance (“Do I have time to join another club?”)
Conquering Your Courses
- Organization of course materials
- Note taking
- Reading strategies
- Managing major assignments one step at a time
- Study skills
- Test-taking strategies
- Exam preparation
Academic Goal Setting
- Short-term (“Get me through this week, please!”)
- Mid-term (“How can this be my best semester yet?”)
- Long-term (“How am I going to be an amazing student at the College of Wooster?!”)
I.S. Organization and Management
- Creating a plan
- Setting goals and mini-deadlines
- Building confidence and managing the I.S. stress! (Yes, we can help!)
- P.S. Free encouragement and cheerleading!
Schedule a one-one-one appointment to discuss your academic goals!