For the remainder of the Spring 2020 semester GEO 101s will be hosted online via Microsoft
Teams. Click on the day and time to join the Microsoft Teams Live meeting. The new
times are (listed in local Wooster time):
Mondays from 11am-12pm
Tuesdays from 2pm-3pm
Thursdays from 3pm-4pm
We're changing our name from Office of Off-Campus Study to the Global Engagement Office (GEO)! You'll see these changes reflected soon!
Thinking about studying off-campus?
Here are your next steps:
Attend a GEO 101 session.
These are informal sessions with the GEO Peer Advisors to tell you about GEO rules and requirements.
They are held in APEX:
- Monday-Friday from 11am-12pm
- Tuesday from 7-8pm
- Walk-In Wednesdays from 1:30-5pm
After attending a GEO 101 session, meet with a GEO staff member.
Candace and Jamie are the two advisors for Global Engagement.
Who you meet with depends on the area of study you wish to focus on while studying off-campus:
Candace Chenoweth - Director of Global Engagement
- Students planning to focus on STEM courses while off-campus
- Peace Corps Prep Program
- Make an appointment with Candace
Jamie Adler - Assistant Director of Global Engagement
- Students planning to focus on arts, humanities, social sciences, or language study while off-campus
- Undecided majors who are unsure of what they want to study while off-campus
- Make an appointment with Jamie
Meet with your academic advisor.
Meet with your academic advisor to discuss your plans to go off-campus.
Complete the two-part application process
Step 1: Complete the Wooster GEO Application for approval to study off-campus by March 1 the year preceding your off-campus study program.
Step 2: Complete the application for your specific program by the deadline published on the program website.
- Students studying off-campus in the fall semester should start their program applications immediately after being approved by Wooster.
- Students studying off-campus in the spring semester may not be able to start their application right away, but should create a reminder to start it as soon as it opens.
Wooster only has one deadline per year to apply for off-campus study. Students wishing to study off-campus for fall or spring of the 2020-2021 school year need to submit an application to Wooster by March 1, 2020.