1189 Beall Ave., C-3176
Wooster, OH 44691
Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
All students will need to properly check out of their rooms at the end of the Spring Semester. Students can do this by signing up to do a checkout with their S/RA, by completing a physical Express Checkout Form located at the Campus Life Office or Security, OR by filling out the express-checkout form online.
The residence halls close Friday, May 10th, 2019th, at 10 am for all students who are not graduating seniors.
Graduating Seniors need to vacate by Monday, May 13th, 2019, at 8 pm.
If you will be in the halls past that date, review our late stay information and pay for extended housing options. If you would like to be here for additional time beyond what is offered through late stay housing, we recommend you apply for summer housing. These forms will be available around Spring Break.
Requirements for Check Out
Before you leave you need to complete the following:
- Attend hall meeting regarding closing information. Resident Assistants and Senior Resident Assistants will inform you of the meeting date, time, and location.
- Prepare to depart 24 hours after your last final exam or by 10 am on Friday, May 10, 2019 (whichever comes first).
- Graduating Seniors must check out by 8 pm Monday, May 13, 2019.
NOTICE: Students who stay past the posted time of move-out and have not completed the late stay form will be assessed a $100 late check-out fee.
- Remove all items from the room.
- Remove all personal belongings from common areas.
- CLEAN—the room/house must be in the condition it was at moved in.
- Wipe off desks, dressers, tables, countertops, and vanities.
- Empty and wipe out all of the drawers.
- Empty all trash cans and recycling bins.
- Take all trash and place in the dumpster located closest to your Residence Hall or House. Please see the grid below for dumpster locations. Place all recycling in the appropriate bins.
- Remove all posters, tape, and decorations, including anything on windows.
- Un-bunk or un-loft beds and un-stack all furniture. If you have an adjustable bed, the top hook of the bed frame should be set on the 5th rung from the bottom. Beds that are left un-lofted will be subject to a $25 charge. If you need assistance, contact a Residence Life staff member.
- DO NOT repair any damages to College property—this must be done by the Service Center staff.
- Resolve any damage issues between roommates. Unless an individual accepts responsibility in writing on the check-out form or is found responsible via a judicial hearing, all persons in the living environment will be held responsible. Individuals can claim responsibility for damages by emailing Residence Life from their wooster.edu email.
- Check out – see checkout information below.
- Turn in your assigned hard key(s) to Campus Access in Culbertson-Slater Complex (COW Cards DO NOT need to be turned in). If a student does not return their key, they will be charged $150 to replace both the key(s) for that lock and the core.
How to Check Out
You may check out three different ways:
- Schedule a check-out time with your RA or SRA 24 hours in advance of your departure.
- Complete the express-checkout form online.
- Complete the express-checkout form in person, either at the Campus Life Office or at Security. There is a box available for you to place forms in should it be after hours.
Schedule a check-out time with your RA
- Check out of your room in person by scheduling a time with your RA or SRA at least 24 hours in advance of your expected departure time. Your RA will meet with you at the scheduled time to assess the condition of the room and complete the Room Condition Report.
Complete the express-checkout form online
- Students are also invited to check out online utilizing our electronic checkout process. Please note that the date and time checkouts are submitted will be used to determine if fees need to be assessed to the student account.
NOTICE: Students that do not check out properly, either through an appointment or completing an express checkout form, forfeit the right to appeal damages and are assessed a $100 improper checkout fee.
Complete the express-checkout form in person
- Instead of having your RA check you out of your room in person, complete the express check out form (.pdf) and turn it in at any of the following locations:
- The Campus Life Office (Lowry) - to the front desk worker OR the lockbox on the front door
- Campus Access/Security and Protective Services - Culbertson/Slater House (Campus Access) OR the lockbox near Dispatch
NOTICE: Failure to properly check out will result in a $100 Improper checkout fee and the inability to appeal damages assessed to the student.
These locations will be posted once the information is finalized with the Service Center.
COWabunga Reuse Program
Is in the process of being established. As more information becomes available, it will be posted.